Medicine Hat Leisure Center, Medicine Hat, ABRead More
Glenn Hall Centennial Arena, Stony Plain, ABRead More
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park, Ottawa ON
Credit Union I-Plex, Swift Current, SK
- The Credit Union I-Plex is home to the WHL Swift Current Broncos, AAA Midget Swift Current Legionnaires, a curling club, as well as the South West Roller Derby Association. The facility is home to ice surfaces for hockey, figure skating and curling. It also has rooms for weddings, banquets, dances and meetings.
The Swift Current Credit Union I-Plex is a multi-purpose community center where communities gather, play sports, attend events and have fun. The facility required a sound system in the arena that was audible for the fans and players.
To provide the sound the I-Plex required, a lot of speakers were required. The project was split into phases to make it more manageable.
- To provide superior sound coverage on the ice surface TOA's HX-7 Compact Line Array Speakers, complimented with the FB-150 subwoofer, were installed along the end zone of the ice surface. The speakers are pointed appropriately towards the bleachers so that the fans can clearly hear the music, announcement and play-by-play.
- Products Used:
- HX-7B Compact Line Array Speakers
- FB-150 Subwoofer
(Ready to be flown)
Air Ryderz Trampoline Park, Mississauga, ON
Dartmouth 4 Pad, Dartmourth, NS
University of New Brunswick Gymnasium
Macdonald Island Park, Fort McMurray, AB
Membertou Sport & Wellness Centre, Membertou, NS
- Read More
Bonnyville and District Centennial Centre, Bonnyville, AB
Yukon College Gymnasium Whitehorse YKRead More
Jackman Insitute of Child Study, Toronto, ON
Centre Michel Brière, Malartic, QC
Eastlink Centre, Charlottetown, PEIRead More
Bronte Creek Provincial Park, Oakville, ON
Eastlink Events Center, Clarenville, NewfoundlandRead More
Flexi-Hall, Yorkton, SKRead More
Fort Qu'Appelle Rexentre Arena, Fort Qu'Appelle, SKRead More
Keystone Centre, Brandon, MBRead More
Ladner Leisure Centre, Delta, BCRead More
Point Edwards Memorial Arena, Point Edwards, ONRead More
Willie O'Ree place, Fredericton, NBRead More
Prince of Whales Cultural and Recreation Centre, Assiniboia, SK
- Audio Processing provides an intelligible sound system to deliver foreground/background music and paging throughout the complex.
Richmond Oval, Richmond, BC
The Richmond Oval will be home to speed skating for the 2010 Olympic and Paralypic Winter Games. A Powerful TOA Public Address System for public areas has been installed, using TOA's Slim Type Two-way Line Array Speakers.
The Sports Village, Vaughan, ON
- The Sports Village is a multi-faceted recreational facility which required an A/V update. To add excitement, intelligable announcements and music to the restaurant patio which spills over to the beach volley ball courts, a powerful TOA audio system was installed. The system allows for entertainment through background music as well as exciting sporting play-by-play announcements. The system uses TOA's weather-resistant speakers, aimed in such a way that the residential neibours will not be disturbed. The entire system is controlled from a main rack, which allows the announcements to be heard over the music.
Terrebonne Indoor Soccer Stadium, Terrebonne, QCRead More
University of Guelph, Gryphon Centre, Guelph, ONRead More
Université de Monction, Track & Field StadiumThe Université de Moncton's Track & Field Stadium is a newly built track and field stadium, where in late July 2010, the facility was the host to the IAAF World Junior Championships in Athletics. When looking for a full coverage, PA System for the stadium, the management at the Université de Moncton decided on TOA's reliable and durable product lines.
The Track and Field Stadium's bleachers and main building's sound and paging is delivered through TOA's LE long throw horns and HX-5 Variable Angle Speakers. The interior of the building has F Series Ceiling speakers to deliver wide-dispersion sound. The front end of the system includes TOA's D-901 Digital Mixer (plus modules) as well as the 9000 Series Modular Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifiers. The Amplifiers include TOA's DA Series Amplifier and IP Series Amplifiers.
University of Northern British Columbia, Prince George, BC
- UNBC's Northern Sports Center boasts a 145,150 square foot, high-performance sports facility. The Northern Sports Center is the largest of it's kind in British Columbia and possesses the province's longest indoor track. The facility features a field house (for soccer), track and straightaway, gymnasium, weight and cardio rooms, dance studio, and other multi-purpose rooms. The entire facility's audio is managed by the head end which distributes telephone paging, emergency microphone paging, background music and zone paging via the PBX phone system. The entire system is TOA. The head end includes the M-9000 Mixer and modules and PM-660U - Paging Microphone.
- The basketball and soccer areas have TOA's D-901 mixing the input signals and managing the speakers (zone, crossover, frequency, etc.). The users can adjust the volume and other pre-sets, using TOA's D-911, a mechanical user interface for controlling the D-901. IP Series Amplifiers drive the HX-5 - Variable Angle Speakers and the FB-120 Subwoofers. These areas also have TOA's UHF Wireless Microphone System.
- Around the track and squash courts you will find TOA's CS-64 - Wide-range Paging Speakers. Throughout the lobby, washrooms and change rooms are TOA's popular F-122 Ceiling Speakers. The Dance Studio boasts TOA's HX-5 - Variable Angle Speakers and the FB-120 Subwoofers, as well as TOA's UHF Wireless Microphone System for aerobics instructors to communicate to the class. These systems are driven by the DA-Series Multi-channel Amplifiers and M-9000 Mixer. The Weight room and circuit rooms feature TOA's A-9120S - Digital Mixer/Amplifier, plus TOA's F Series Ceiling Speakers.
University of Windsor, Windsor, ON (St. Denis Field)St. Denis Athletic and Community Centre at the University of Windsor's Stadium, Outdoor Track and Football Field are home not only to the Lancer Football and Lancer Soccer teams, but also to TOA's weather-resistant HX-5 Series - Variable Angle Speakers, LE Horns and IP Amplifiers. The facility boasts 2,000 permanent seats and a spectator capacity of 10,000. The stadium has already played host to the 2005 Pan American Junior Games and the 2008 Canadian Olympic Trials for Track and Field.
University of Windsor, Windsor, ON (Fieldhouse)To create the impact and sound desired, the University of Windsor had eight of TOA’s SR-C8L Line Array Speakers strategically mounted throughout the venue, covering the mids and highs; the bass was created using four of TOA’s SR-C15B Subwoofers. The SR-C Series Line Arrays were designed to provide optimum coverage of the bleachers. To provide proper sound coverage at court level, four HX-5B Compact Array Speakers were assembled into two arrays facing 90 degrees down with one set covering each end zone of the court.
The head end equipment is assembled in a rack located in an ante-room off of the lobby. Driving the audio system are five DA-500F, 4 Channel Amplifiers. The system is mixed using TOA’s new D-2008SP Digital Mixing Processor.
To provide courtside control, TOA’s Q-D-2012C Remote Control Console Unit has been linked wirelessly to the D-2008SP using a router and gateway connection. The audio provided from a music source (iPod) is sent via TOA’s Audio Network Adapter, NX-100, over the wireless network to the D-2008SP Digital Mixing Processor. This provides the announcer with courtside control for announcements and cueing the appropriate sounds and volume levels.
Westside Recreation Centre, Calgary, AB
- Audio Processing providing music and voice override in the three facilities.
Markland Wood Golf Course, Mississauga, ONMarkland Wood relies on TOA's equipment to provide background music and public address for their clients and facility. The facility is set up with multiple zones to reach all areas of the club house. The system relies on Crestron controllers integrated with TOA's equipment. The system inlcudes F Series Ceiling Speakers, Box Speakers, and includes TOA's DA-250 Multi-Channel Digital Amplifers for the head end. In the ballroom they also rely on TOA's S5.5 Trantec Wireless Microphone System. The sound system covers the main dining areas, the ball room, outdoor terrace and patio, the locker rooms, pro-shop and hallways.
Westfield Golf and Country Club, Grand Bay-Westfield, NB
- Nestled on the slopes of the St. John River Valley, Westfield has long been regarded as New Brunswick's most scenic golf course. Featuring spectacular views of Kennebecasis Island, Crowley Mountain, Sunset Valley and the Nerepis Hills.
The Westfield Golf and Country Club wanted to update their audio system. The Golf Course wanted to provide background music (BGM) and paging throughout the clubhouse and on the greens. Life Safety is important to the owners and management of Westfield Golf and Country Club. They wanted to be able to communicate with their members and patrons, especially in the event of an emergency, such as lightening.
The golf course wanted to provide the best communication inside and outside the facility, so that patrons could clearly hear announcements and instructions.
- To blend into the appearance of the clubhouse, TOA's Pendant public address speakers were chosen. These sleek speakers not only look great, but also sound great and are ideal for this type of application. SC Series paging horns are weather-resistant and audible and are installed throughout the outside areas of the facility. Westfield Golf and Country Club now feels confident that they not only have an aesthetically pleasing audio and paging system, but an effective way to communicate with their patrons and staff both inside the main buildings and around the grounds of the golf course.
- Products Used:
- Q-PE-304BK Pendant Public Address Speakers
- F-2000 Series Wide Dispersion Box Speakers
- SC-304 Paging Horns
- 9000 Series Modular Digital Matrix Mixer/Amplifier
- ZM-9014 Remote Control Panel
- ZM-9001 Remote Panel
- 5000 Series UHF Wireless Microphones
|Club House||Wall Control||Paging Horn on Patio|
What was that PENALTY for?
What was that PENALTY for?
Planning to upgrade or replace your audio and emergency communication equipment? TOA is your manufacturer for commercial audio and security products.
TOA Canada Corporation has been providing the community with reliable, and durable commercial audio and security equipment, for more than 75 years.
TOA Canada Corporation is your manufacturer specializing in sound equipment designed for speech intelligibility.
TOA products are ideal for;
• Play-by-play announcements
• Emergency broadcast and crowd control
• High quality, high impact, music reproduction
CALL TOA FOR YOUR FREE FACILITY DESIGN ASSESSMENT
1-800-263-7639 • email@example.com
TOA has a solution that is as versatile as you are. TOA products are well suited for all recreational buildings and activities, including; hockey & skating, swimming, outdoor sports (tennis, baseball, soccer), tradeshows, multi-function/meeting rooms, and parking areas.
Microphones Mixer/Amplifiers Speakers Conference Systems Intercom CCTV
If you are not already working with a TOA dealer, we can recommend one in your area.
Additional Sports Complexes
• Airdrie Arena, Airdrie, AB
• Arena Jacques Lemaire, Montreal, QC
• Barhead Arena, Barhead, AB
• Beaconsfield Recreation Center, Beaconsfield, QC
• Bonnyville and District Community Centre, Bonnyville, AB
• Century Gardens Recreation Centre, Brampton, ON
• Dawson Creek Arena, Dawson Creek, BC
• Dowel Centre, Fort Saskatchewan, AB
• GrandFall Arena, Grand Fall, NB
• Iceland, Mississauga, ON
• Macklin Arena, Macklin, SK
• New Medicine Hat Arena, Medicine Hat, AB
• Old Medicine Hat Arena, Medicine Hat, AB
• Peace River Arena, Peace River, AB
• REACH (Regional Equine & Agricultural Centre of Huron) Equestrian Arena, Clinton, ON
• Rothesay Sport Complex, Rothesay, NB
• Sarnia Sports and Entertainment Centre, Sarnia, ON
• Seaman Stadium, Okotoks, AB
• Settler Arena, Settler, AB
• Taylor Community Centre, Taylor, BC