70V Amplifier Power and Speaker Taps
- A 70V high impedance speaker will only deliver its rated tap setting (power level) if the amplifiers master level control is set to 100%, full output.
- When setting up high impedance speaker systems, adjust the final required volume level using the tap settings of the speaker.
- Do not use the amplifiers master control as a volume control, instead use the taps of the speaker for this function. A small minor adjustment of the amplifier is OK.
- With MNS (Mass Notification Systems) being installed now to meet changing PA standards, it is important to have the required power levels during an emergency broadcast.
- MNS systems will have attenuation built in for normal general announcements and this attenuation will be by-passed during an emergency page.
Therefore it is imperative that the final levels are dictated by the tap settings of the speaker during such an emergency.
Using this guideline will help to ensure that correct power levels are obtained when an emergency evacuation message is delivered.
Want to learn more about 70 Volt? View our 70 Volt Basics webinar.
Questions? Contact TOA’s Technical Support Department:
1-800-263-7639 or 905-564-3570 option 2 or ext. 320
(Available Monday to Friday, 8:30am until 8pm EST)